Healthy Youth Survey
Health Science Summer Internship
We are excited to announce the 2nd annual Health Science Summer Internship for students interested in pursuing a career in the medical field! This four-day experience is sponsored in partnership with St. Anthony Hospital, Cottesmore of Life Care, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, and Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One.
The purpose of the internship is to provide an opportunity to experience real-life scenarios in various segments of medical care, develop knowledge and skills foundational to the health professional, and gain an understanding of patient assessment and care.
When: June 22-25, 2015 or August 17-20, 2015
Time: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Who: Incoming PSD Juniors and Seniors (Current Sophomores and Juniors)
Location: Varies daily, hosted at various sponsors
The application and references will need to be completed and submitted by April 17th by 4:00 pm. There will be a screening process to review applications. The committee will be looking for a diverse representation of health related career interests from students.
Students considering applying should be aware of the following requirements:
- Attend a 1-hour orientation one week prior to the event
- Commit to all four days of the internship
- Sign all forms (e.g. photo release, HIPAA, etc)
- Background checks will be conducted on those accepted into the internship
- Provide own transportation to and from each location
A detailed schedule of daily activities will be shared with those accepted into the internship. Here are the locations for each day:
- Day one: Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One
- Day two: St. Anthony Hospital
- Day three: Mary Bridge (Tacoma)
- Day four: Cottesmore of Life Care
Students can expect to be notified of their acceptance by May 1st.