Peninsula School District
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY – ASSESSMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY
This position serves as secretary for the Director of Assessment and Accountability and provides various
support services for counselors, building test coordinators and administrators. Responsibilities include
managing student data, facilitating the distribution and organization of various test materials, completing core
student record system reports, performing records reconciliation for the state graduation report and WA state
assessments, and serving as a liaison between the assessment department and other district staff and the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Writes and performs queries to harvest data from multiple sources. Manipulates data into formats
compatible with various applications.
- Designs databases and spreadsheets for tracking and monitoring of Assessment Records, i.e.
elementary report cards, district and state assessment results, highly capable testing.
- Accesses and prepares student assessment information for district/building administrators, counselors
and teachers pertinent to graduation requirements, program placement and student enrollment
- Analyzes exception reports from a variety of State enrollment data. Ensures accuracy of data and
submits reports. P210 – Cohort Graduation Report
- Facilitates distribution of testing materials. Orders, receives and inventories test booklets, manuals and
surveys. Reconciles records and works with building test coordinators to ensure proper testing protocols
and security according to state regulations.
- Analyzes, evaluates and adjusts office work flow. Effectively manages heavy workload, deadlines and
projects. Maintains flexibility and quickly adapts to frequent interruptions.
- Fields telephone calls from parents, district administrators and other staff regarding student assessment
data, graduation requirements and program placements. Communicates in an effective and professional
- Acts as a liaison between the Director of Assessment and Accountability, other staff, and the community
in a confidential and supportive manner. Receives and screens incoming correspondence and reports;
alerts supervisor of matters that require immediate attention and assists in actions to meet deadlines;
provides copies and/or disseminates as appropriate to other departments; replies to general inquires.
- Performs text entry and formats documents on word processing software. Performs numerical data
entry and data manipulation using spreadsheet and accounting software. Utilizes the districts email
system for effective communication. Learns additional computer applications as needed.
- Sets up and maintains an accurate filing system for a variety of departmental records and forms.
- Prepares purchase orders, maintains appropriate records and completes required purchase order
- Maintains department budget data, prepares budget summary reports and maintains budgeting records
in paper and electronic format.
- Provides clerical support at department-related meetings, processes committee meeting minutes,
correspondence and announcements. Schedules conference room use, sets up and resets conference
rooms for department-related meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Director of Assessment and Accountability
Office environment with frequent interruptions; requires visual concentration on detail, dexterity and
Education and Experience:
High school graduation and a minimum of five years of increasingly responsible secretarial experience
required. Preference given for advanced excel skills and familiarity with student information systems.
Experience with educational programs strongly preferred. Training and/or experience in state reporting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Advanced skills in databases and spreadsheet use (Excel).
Knowledge of general clerical procedures.
Knowledge and use of correct grammar, spelling and English usage.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to maintain budget records.
Ability to operate office machines.
Ability to operate word processing, spreadsheet and accounting software systems.
Ability to set up and maintain an accurate filing system.
Ability to attend to detail and follow tasks through to completion.
Ability to organize time and set priorities.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to work effectively under pressure and remain professional and flexible.
Ability to perform complex clerical projects and assignments.
Ability to prepare detailed reports.
Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with staff and the
Ability to run queries and harvest data from multiple sources.
Advanced skills in manipulating data into formats compatible with state reporting requirements.