PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
Evergreen AFTER OURS Site Coordinator
LOCATION: Evergreen Elementary
Part-time site coordinator for school building extended day learning programs for students, parents and community. Responsible for site operation including program development & operation, facilities support, student supervision. Work hours require Site Coordinator to be on-site for all AFTER ‘OURS programming. Work days/hours are four days per week, approximately 5.5 hours per day, some evenings and weekends are possible dependent on program. The after-school program hours are Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Reports to Department Director and Building Principal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with Department Director and Building Principal to provide leadership, direction and support to program instructors, paraprofessionals, other supporting personnel and volunteers.
- Open and close school facilities and provide secure, safe environment for participants.
- Works with Department Director and Building Principal to plan and implement all activities necessary to conduct a quality out-of-school time program.
- Oversees onsite program including communication with food service, transportation, custodial services, volunteers and community agencies.
- Works with Department Director and Building Principal to coordinate other enrichment activities such as field trips, technology, speakers and family nights.
- Preparation of reports, requisitions and inventory to support program.
- Implements processes for monitoring attendance, collecting/accounting for funds for extended hour’s programs and planning for absences.
- Participates in a monthly Site Advisory committee and responds to feedback on the program from parents, participants and school community to keep the program offerings on target.
- Participates in ongoing evaluation and improvement of program.
- Supports process to collect student and family data in compliance with the District’s program objectives and outcomes as well as those required by grant funders.
School and community environment; experiences frequent interruptions; requires concentration to detail and precision, works well with adults and children; requires ability to deal with upset (or angry) individuals and potential stressful situation.
Exempt; hourly wage at $16.00 — $18.00 dependent upon qualifications & experience.
September through June, approximately 5.5 hours per day
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of college training in education and/or recreation or related field of study. Experience should include a minimum of two years working with school-age children in recreation, academics, or school setting. Program development & administrative experience is preferred. School district experience or exposure to special services programs desirable.
Four years of experience in supervisory and planning capacities in educational and/or recreational programs may substitute for two years of college.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to take direction and carry out directives as needed.
- Positive human relations attitudes and skills.
- Ability to develop after school academic and enrichment programs.
- Ability to maintain composure while effectively dealing with public.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and maintain detailed records & files utilizing Microsoft Office programs—Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Ability to attend to detail and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to provide direction and training to project staff.
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to anticipate needs and work productively on projects and deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with parents, staff, and the general public.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member as part of the school staff
First aid/CPR and/or willingness to obtain within the first thirty days of employment.