PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
DATA & SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ANALYST
The Data & Systems Integration Analyst’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to the integration of disparate data and systems into organizational information systems and structures. This individual is responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for integrated organizational operations. Management of on-premise and cloud based applications and systems as well as the data transfer, integration, storage and reporting will be the day to day work of this position. The analyst will be expected to turn data into information, information into insight and insight into educational and business decisions.
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Planning
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing network infrastructure, systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and department managers.
- Ensure that any new software integration into the organization systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, data privacy, data warehousing, and other specifications.
- Review, analyze, and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations client/server hardware, software, and protocols as well as integration products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing network infrastructure and applications throughout the enterprise.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Field incoming problem tickets and help desk calls from end users to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration, or as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
- Evaluate results of integration projects, then report and make recommendations based on findings.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure system security through secure system access, monitoring, control, and routine security evaluations.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging of these systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, and end users.
- Monitor, test, and tune system performance; preserve and provide system log files as needed.
- Compile and maintain inventory of organizational software and system assets.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Formal Education & Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 3 years work experience in related field required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or appropriate related field preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Good technical knowledge of current network hardware and standards.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewall management, and database administration.
- Working technical experience with relational database servers.
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required).
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL (NoSQL experience is a plus, too, since we also use Mongo).
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl, Node, Powershell and/or Ruby).
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time in an open noise filled office environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- In-district travel will be required for the purpose of on-site software and applications testing.
- Wash Tech/CWA