What we do:
- Facilitate provisions of all Special Education programs across the district.
- Early Childhood Programs
- Community Transition Program
- Monitor federal and state accountability.
- Manage and supervise preschool programs.
- Support the drug and alcohol prevention/intervention activities.
- Facilitate provisions of services for struggling learners.
Staff members of the Student Services department are located in many of the school buildings around the district, however, the administrative personnel and office support are housed at the Educational Service Center at 14015 62nd Avenue NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98332.
Students and families whose first language is not English are supported and provided services through the District's English Language Learner Program (ELL) program. All qualified students are served at their neighborhood school through a combination model of instruction and consultation. Students participating in the ELL program are expected and supported to achieve the Washington State performance standards.
The Highly Capable Program in PSD provides a continuum of services to identified highly capable students to meet their individual and collective needs.
Joy Giovanini: Highly Capable K-12 Program Coordinator