Students and families whose first language is not English are supported and provided services through the District’s English Learner (EL) Program. All qualified students are served at their neighborhood school through a combination model of instruction and consultation. Students participating in the EL program are expected and supported to achieve the Washington State performance standards.
The initial screening process for determining EL eligibility includes an evaluation using the English Language Proficiency Assessment (ELPA21). The ELPA21 test evaluates the reading and writing English proficiency of each EL student.
In addition, all currently-enrolled EL students will be tested using the ELPA21 during the spring of each school year.
Check out the summer BLAST Academy!
To learn more about Peninsula School District’s EL Program, or if you need language assistance, please contact :
- Administradores de la escuela – Who’s Who at Your Child’s School
- How a School District Works – Korean
- How a School District Works – Russian
- Libros Recomendados
- Recursos para Familias Latinas – Resources for Latino Families
- Russian-English School Glossary
- Spanish-English School Glossary
- EL summer BLAST academy Flyer -English, Spanish
- Resources for Parents and Schools with Translations