Henderson Bay Big Picture High School is a “school of choice” that offers a unique experience for students looking for a different option than the large traditional high school. We are a small school in a modern facility, serving students in grades 9-12.
At Henderson Bay Big Picture, our goal is to empower students to take charge of their own learning so they can leave high school prepared for the next challenges.
* Strong relationships lead to powerful learning. Students are matched with an advisor and advisory class, supporting and challenging each other throughout their enrollment.
* Students drive their own learning by pursuing their interests and passions. Students design projects based on what they want to learn about and what they want to discover.
* Learning should be connected to college, career and life readiness. Students connect their learning to post high school ambitions and leave with a plan for the future.
* Experiences are essential. The best learning happens in real life settings. Internships and projects allow students to be hands on with their education.
* Assessment should be meaningful to students and connected to what they’ve learned. Students demonstrate learning through exhibitions and meeting competencies.
If you want more info we have two info sessions planned for our current families- Wed., May 16th – 6:00 pm at Key Peninsula MS and Thurs., May 17th – 6:00 pm at HBHS. If you want to do some research on your own, you can find more info about Big Picture Learning at bigpicture.org.