Because we are a school of choice, there are several steps toward enrollment at Henderson Bay High School.
- Fill out an application (available through the Counseling Offices at Henderson Bay High School, Gig Harbor High School and Peninsula High School) and return it to Henderson Bay High School. The student’s name will be put on a waiting list. This does not guarantee admittance to Henderson Bay High School, but is a necessary first step.
- Download application here
- Students can enter Henderson Bay High School at the beginning of the year and at the quarter change during the school year.
- Special Education students’ needs will be assessed for appropriate placement.
- Students’ past attendance and behavior history will be reviewed.
- All incoming students are required to complete a drug and alcohol assessment which can be scheduled through the Counseling Office.
- Upon completion of the drug and alcohol assessment, student and parent will meet with the Henderson Bay High School Counselor. At that time any treatment recommendations will be addressed and, if necessary, intake for treatment groups must be completed before student is assigned to a core teacher.
- Student and parent meet with core teacher and establish timeline for withdrawal from previous school and start date at Henderson Bay High School.