Henderson Bay Big Picture High School is a “school of choice” that offers a unique experience for students looking for a different option than the large traditional high school. We are a small school in a modern facility, serving students in grades 9-12.
At Henderson Bay Big Picture, our goal is to empower students to take charge of their own learning so they can leave high school prepared for the next challenges.
- Strong relationships lead to powerful learning. Students are matched with an advisor and advisory class, supporting and challenging each other throughout their enrollment.
- Students drive their own learning by pursuing their interests and passions. Students design projects based on what they want to learn about and what they want to discover.
- Learning should be connected to college, career and life readiness. Students connect their learning to post high school ambitions and leave with a plan for the future.
- Experiences are essential. The best learning happens in real life settings. Internships and projects allow students to be hands on with their education.
- Assessment should be meaningful to students and connected to what they’ve learned. Students demonstrate learning through exhibitions and meeting competencies.
Our school looks and feels different than other schools. We want school to be a safe place where every student can pursue their interests and learn at his/her highest level possible.