Are you interested in careers in the Health Science field?
Peninsula School District announces our 6th annual Health Science Summer Internship in cooperation with our partners: Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One, St. Anthony Hospital, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, and Cottesmore of Life Care.
This internship is designed for students who have a strong interest in exploring a career in the medical field. The purpose is to provide an opportunity to experience real-life scenarios in various segments of medical care, develop knowledge and skills foundational to the health professional, and gain an understanding of patient assessment and care.
June 24 – June 27, 2019; 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m
Monday, June 24: Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One
Tuesday, June 25: St. Anthony Hospital
Wednesday, June 26: Mary Bridge Medical Center, Tacoma
Thursday, June 27: Morning: Cottesmore Life Care; Afternoon: Tacoma Community College Health Sciences Tour
- Complete this Application Form by Wednesday, April 30, 2019.
- Ask two references to complete this Recommendation Form, by Wednesday, April 30, 2019.
- The screening committee will be looking for a diverse representation of interest from students and will notify students of status by May 15, 2019.
- Accepted students will return required paperwork.
- Students and parents attend orientation on June 19, 2019.
- Internship: June 24 – 27.
If you have additional questions, please contact Coordinator, Leland Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peninsula School District students who will be Juniors or Seniors in the 2019 – 2020 school year.