The Deadline to apply has been extended to Friday May 10th!
Are you interested in careers in the Health Science field?
Peninsula School District announces our 6th annual Health Science Summer Internship in cooperation with our partners: Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One, St. Anthony Hospital, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital, and Cottesmore of Life Care.
This internship is designed for students who have a strong interest in exploring a career in the medical field. The purpose is to provide an opportunity to experience real-life scenarios in various segments of medical care, develop knowledge and skills foundational to the health professional, and gain an understanding of patient assessment and care.
June 24 – June 27, 2019; 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m
Monday, June 24: Gig Harbor Fire & Medic One
Tuesday, June 25: St. Anthony Hospital
Wednesday, June 26: Mary Bridge Medical Center, Tacoma
Thursday, June 27: Morning: Cottesmore Life Care; Afternoon: Tacoma Community College Health Sciences Tour
- Complete this Application Form by Friday, May 10, 2019.
- Ask two references to complete this Recommendation Form, byFriday, May 10, 2019.
- The screening committee will be looking for a diverse representation of interest from students and will notify students of status by May 20, 2019.
- Accepted students will return required paperwork.
- Students and parents attend orientation on June 19, 2019.
- Internship: June 24 – 27.
If you have additional questions, please contact Coordinator, Leland Smith at email@example.com.
Peninsula School District students who will be Juniors or Seniors in the 2019 – 2020 school year.