We are excited to announce our fourth annual Health Science Summer Internship sponsored by Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One, St. Anthony Hospital, Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital and Health Network, and Cottesmore of Life Care, in partnership with the Peninsula School District.
This internship is designed for students who have a strong interest in exploring a career in the medical field. The purpose is to provide an opportunity to experience real-life scenarios in various segments of medical care, develop knowledge and skills foundational to the health professional, and gain an understanding of patient assessment and care.
When: June 25th – 28th 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Who: PSD students who will be juniors or seniors for the 2018-2019 school year
The application needs to be filled out online through a Google Docs form, you can click on the application link below.
The screening committee will be looking for a diverse representation of interest from students across the healthcare field.
If you have additional questions, please contact the College and Career Readiness Department at Peninsula School District. 253-530-1075
Students considering applying should be aware of the following requirements:
- Attend a 1-hour orientation one week prior to the event
- Commit to all four days of the internship
- Sign all forms and submit no later than June 18th (e.g. photo release, HIPAA, etc)
- Background checks will be conducted on those accepted into the internship
- Provide own transportation to and from each location
A detailed schedule of daily activities will be shared with those accepted into the internship. Here are the locations for each day:
- Day one: Gig Harbor Fire and Medic One
- Day two: St. Anthony Hospital
- Day three: Mary Bridge (Tacoma)
- Day four: Cottesmore of Life Care
Students can expect to be notified of their acceptance by May 15th.
Deadline to register is April 27.