This is an exciting time in Peninsula School District; we will be opening a new elementary school in the fall of 2020 in the facility currently occupied by the Boys & Girls Club. This building will house students from overcrowded schools in the 2019-20 school year but will open as the district’s first magnet school in 2020, drawing students from across the district. We have been referring to this school as Elementary #10 for a long time -- this school needs a name!
We want you to join us in naming #10. We encourage and welcome community citizens to make recommendation for the name of our new school. The naming of the school must align with following requirements outlined in School Board Policy 6970.
Recommended names must be:
- A person who has attained national or local prominence in the fields of education, arts and sciences, politics, military achievements, and statesmanship,
- A past U.S. president or Washington national senators or representatives, or
- A geographic characteristic of the area in which the facility is located, and
- The use of names of living persons will be avoided unless the circumstances warrant an exception
Recommendations are due Monday, May 13th. To make a naming recommendation, please complete this form.
Timeline for #10 name selection:
- The community recommends school names due by Monday, May 13th
- Naming Committee narrows recommendations to 10 on Thursday, May 16th
- Naming Committee seeks community input on narrowed 10 recommendations
- Naming Committee utilizes feedback and narrows to 3-5 recommendations for the school board
- Final 3-5 recommendations are presented to the school board for review on Thursday, June 13th
- PSD Board of Directors formally considers name recommendation on Thursday, June 27th