Human Resources Homepage
Join our team!
We provide fulfilling careers for the finest educators in the profession. The district offers exciting career paths, providing a wide range of challenging positions.
Our goal is to recruit and retain the best qualified employees to be part of our learning community. We believe that our employees are our most valuable resource to achieve highly successful programs focused on the best for students.
All applicants need to fill out an .
Meet face-to-face with the hiring decision makers.
Job and Career Fair Calendar:
WSPA Washington Educator Career Fair
- Spokane Convention Center
Tuesday, March 15, 2017
- Tacoma Dome Arena
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Benefits & Wellness
The district offers a range of choices for each employee. There are seven plans to choose from, each with varying copays and monthly premiums: two Regence BlueShield plans, three Premera Blue Cross plans and two Group Health plans are all available for your selection. While the renewal rates and open enrollment take effect November 1st, the deductible, out-of-pocket maximums and benefit limits all run on a calendar year basis.
Note: When changing plans or carriers during open enrollment deductible and coinsurance maximums must be satisfied under the new plan limits. Deductibles, coinsurance maximums and benefits all run on a calendar year. When moving between plans with the same carrier you will only have to satisfy the difference in benefits between November 1st and December 31st.
If you move from one carrier to another, you will be required to satisfy a new deductible and coinsurance maximum. Premera Blue Cross will “roll over” deductibles met in November and December to apply to your 2016 deductible requirement.
- DENTAL INSURANCE
Employees may choose dental coverage through Delta Dental of Washington or through Willamette Dental. Delta Dental of Washington allows you to use any licensed dentist and pays a percentage of charges for preventive care, basic care, major care and orthodontia. Coverage limits for Delta Dental of Washington run on a November-October plan year. Willamette Dental is an exclusive provider organization, to find a provider in your area, please visit their website at www.willamettedental.com.
- VISION INSURANCE Our vision program is offered through Northwest Administrators, Inc. and covers both routine vision exams and vision hardware. Benefits renew from date of service to date of service.
- LIFE INSURANCE A life insurance policy is provided to each benefit eligible employee through Mutual of Omaha. The benefit amount is based on the employee’s job classification.
- VOLUNTARY LIFE INSURANCE Each employee has the opportunity to purchase additional life insurance from Mutual of Omaha at competitive group rates at their own expense, through payroll deduction.
- DISABILITY INSURANCE Employees are provided with a long-term disability policy through Mutual of Omaha that provides for the continuation of up to 60% of one’s salary in the event of a disability (you must be disabled for 90 days to begin receiving benefits). The district also offers a voluntary short-term disability policy through Mutual of Omaha for employees working more than 17.5 hours per week. This voluntary short-term disability policy may be purchased at the employee’s expense, through payroll deduction.
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS You may set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible medical, dental and vision expenses not covered by insurance as well as dependent childcare or disabled dependent care expenses. In addition you are automatically enrolled in the premium conversion plan so that any payroll deduction for benefits is taken from pre-tax (gross) pay. The plan runs from November 1st through October 31st.
- EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM Employees and their families have access to the EAP plan effective December 1st through Mutual of Omaha. This provides a full spectrum of mental health and substance abuse services as well as referral services for legal advice, financial services, etc. 403(B) PLANS Employees are allowed to voluntarily defer a portion of their salary into a tax-sheltered 403(b) account offered by an approved vendor. National Benefit Services is the third party administrator for the 403(b) program.
- DONATED SICK LEAVE District employees are eligible to receive donated leave if they meet the required criteria.
- YMCA Employees of Peninsula School District will have the $75 joining fee waived as a new member. To take advantage of this benefit, PSD employees simply need to produce verification of current employment.