Native American Education Program
Hello Peninsula parents and students,
I’m Rhonda Williamson your school district’s Native American Education Coordinator. Our program—run in partnership through the Puget Sound Educational Service District— provides academic and cultural support to students with Native American heritage and their families.
I work weekly in every middle school and high school and by appointment in the elementary schools.
We provide continued cultural and literacy work to Native heritage students in the district. In additions we offer a college prep program for high school students who graduate in the year 2015 called The Red Road Project.
Here are the services our Indian Education program provides:
- Direct service support in Reading during the school day
- College prep support for high school students
- Classroom presentations or assemblies for all grade levels and all students
- Work with counselors to advocate for Native students and families
- Pay school-related student fees (ASB, athletic, credit retrieval, Boys and Girls Club memberships)
I look forward to working with you and your child to support their cultural and academic needs.
For more program information and links to other Native resources please click here
PSESD Native American Education Program
My goal is to be an advocate for every Native student in the district, no matter their blood quantum, so they are thriving academically, learning about their heritage, and engaged in their school community.
Native American Education Program,
PSESD Program Coordinator, Peninsula Schools
cell (360) 509-4066
message (253) 778-7985 1-800-664-4549 ext 7985