April 30th deadline for student transfers

April 30Peninsula School District will be accepting student transfer applications from both in District and out of District families through April 30th. Due to elementary school redistricting and lower class size initiatives we will not be accepting any new out of District transfer requests at the elementary level. The District expects the transfer process for in District students at the elementary level to be more complex and challenging than in previous years.

Additionally, due to the rapid growth in Gig Harbor North, Harbor Ridge Middle School will not be accepting any new 2016-2017 in District or out of District transfer requests.

Policy 3130 and Procedure 3130P – Intra-district Student Transfers, identifies the guidelines for a resident student who wishes to transfer between schools within the Peninsula School District. Intra-district student transfer requests are granted on a space available basis. A Within District Transfer Request is approved for one school year only. Form must be completed on an annual basis.

Policy 3140 and Procedure 3140P – Out-of-District Transfers, speaks to a request for a nonresident transfer into or a resident transfer out of the Peninsula School District. To become a non-resident student in the Peninsula School District, parents must file a CHOICE Transfer Request with their resident school district. Non-resident transfers are granted on space availability at the school and grade level requested. A CHOICE Transfer Request is approved for one school year only. Form must be completed on an annual basis.

To obtain a release from Peninsula School District, to enroll in a program located in another school district, parents need to complete a CHOICE Transfer Request and submit it to the Educational Service Center. Forms can be submitted by email, fax, mail, or in person at 14015 62nd Ave. NW, Gig Harbor, WA 98332.

Please call or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.   at (253) 530-1007,    for further information.