Job Description – Integration Analyst
The Integration Analyst’s role is to plan, coordinate, and supervise all activities related to
the integration of software programs and applications into organizational information
systems. This individual is responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required
for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for organizational operations.
The Integration Analyst will also operate and tune Linux, Mac OS X and Windows systems,
servers and other system integration components to ensure high levels of availability and
security of the core organizational applications.
Strategy & Planning
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing
network infrastructure, systems and software throughout the enterprise.
- Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term
strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with end-users and
- Where applicable, investigate and qualify potential areas in which to introduce
- Promote the use of Open Source Software for areas that show it to be the best
- Collaborate with technology team members, end users, and other
stakeholders in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Ensure that any new software integration into the organization systems meets
functional requirements, system compliance, and other specifications.
- Review, analyze, and report on the effectiveness and efficiency of existing
systems and develop testing strategies for improving or leveraging these
Acquisition & Deployment
- Research and make recommendations client/server hardware, software, and
protocols as well as integration products and services in support of
procurement and development efforts.
- Install and configure Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows systems and software.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software,
products, and/or enhancements to existing network infrastructure and
applications throughout the enterprise.
- Analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application
under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
- Field incoming problem tickets and help desk calls from end users to resolve
application and software issues within servers, databases, and other missioncritical
- Work diligently to enhance or improve business processes via integration, or
as necessary, minimize the impact of integration on those processes.
- Evaluate results of integration projects, then report and make
recommendations based on findings.
- Implement policies, procedures, and technologies (including firewalls) to
ensure system security through secure system access, monitoring, control,
and routine security evaluations.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and
implement strategies for improving or further leveraging of these systems.
- Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating system
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for
modified and new systems.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including
management, and end users.
- Monitor, test, and tune system performance; preserve and provide system log
files as needed.
- Compile and maintain inventory of organizational software and system assets.
- Prepare and deploy images and packages for software and operating system
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
Formal Education & Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent, and/or 3 years work experience in related
- Bachelors degree in computer science or appropriate related field preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux, Mac OS X, and
Windows systems and software.
- Hands-on hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Good technical knowledge of current network hardware and standards.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocols, firewall management, and database
- Working technical experience with relational database servers.
- Strong knowledge of system testing and software quality assurance best
practices and methodologies.
- Direct, hands-on experience with automated software management tools.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.
- Occasional evening and weekend work to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power
tools, and other computer components.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and
- Some in-district travel may be required for the purpose of on-site software
and applications testing.
- Wash Tech/CWA
This position reports to the Technical Support Supervisor