Welcome to the Kopachuck Middle School Counseling Center. Here at the Counseling Center we support the following activities:
- Individual counseling/support
- Attendance issues
- Staffing/parent conferences
- Develop plans for student success
- Provide contacts for community resource
- New student orientation
- Schedule changes
- Support of classroom career education
- Crisis intervention
- Monitor grades
- Financial assistance referrals/concerns
- Support groups for a variety of concerns such as grief, divorce, peer relationships, etc.
- Consult with parents in the educational and vocational areas
Our professional background equips us to work with parents and children in a number of helpful ways. Training includes a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Education with courses in personality and learning theory, child development and counseling techniques. We hold a counseling certificate from the State of Washington. However, we are not licensed psychologist/psychiatrists and do not provide therapy during the school day.
The school counselors are here to help you with your concerns. Please check in with your teacher to get a pass to the counseling office to sign up for an appointment. The counselors will send a note to excuse you from class when they are available to see you.
Parents can call the Guidance Department to arrange for student conferences as well.
Our counseling responsibilities are divided between our three staff:
|Ms. Jenna Bates||Counselor||A – M||(253) 530-4132|
|Mrs. Sammie Griffin||Counselor||N – Z||(253) 530-4133|
|Ms. Julie Pool||School Psychologist||(253) 530-4137|