Note soccer match date changes
4: Students bring home salmon-colored conference appointment forms
(If you turned in a goldenrod sign-up form and didn’t receive an appointment, contact Leslie Miller at 253-530-4106 or email@example.com.)
7: ASB Fundraiser items and prizes delivered
7: Soccer matches at Kopachuck
8: Volleyball matches at Kopachuck
8: Soccer pictures
9: Soccer matches at Goodman
10: Cross-Country at 360 Gateway & Volleyball at Goodman
11: Students released at 11:30 a.m., Parent conferences from 12:15-3:15 p.m.
14: Fall Break Day – No school
15: Students released at 11:30 a.m., Conferences 12:15-6:30 p.m.
16: No late start, students and teachers released at 11:30 a.m.
17: Students released at 11:30 a.m., Conferences 12:15-6:30 p.m.
18: Students and teachers released at 11:30 a.m.
21: Picture Retakes
23: Wrestling athletic packets due online (via PowerSchool)
24: Wrestling starts
7: Jazz Band & Choir Concert, at 7 p.m.
14: After school Dance
Fundraiser Item Pick-Up Instructions
We are excited that our fundraiser items and prizes will be delivered on Monday, October 7th.
If students have 5 or fewer items, they will called down to pick them up during 6th period on Monday and will be able to bring them home.
If students have MORE than 5 items, they will need to arrange to have the items picked up by an adult between 2:30-5:00 pm on Monday in the Commons. We do not have the space or refrigeration to store fundraiser items so students and parents MUST have a plan for pick up on Monday 10/7.
Students or adults are required to sign off that they received their items and we appreciate your patience with this process. If your student has more than 5 items and you are unable to pick up items by 5:00pm Monday 10/7, please consider having another parent help you out. Please note that the parking lot will be quite busy on Monday as we also have home games for soccer.
Want similar work hours and vacations as your child?
Apply for our para-educator position. Applications are accepted through Oct. 9th.
Good news for students: We decided to allow students to wear hats and hoods . . . with a few important notes:
- Staff can still have a classroom expectation for these items to be removed in a learning space.
- All attire must be safe, appropriate, and not be disruptive to learning. A student whose hat, hood, or hairband is unsafe, inappropriate, or disruptive may be asked to remove it.
- There will still be occasional settings where wearing a hat or hood is not appropriate. For example, hats and hoods should be removed at our Veterans Day assembly.
6th Graders Learn Life Skills
This past week, Kopachuck counselors started teaching the “Stepping Up Program.” This program focuses on skills that will help your student succeed in school and in life and will be taught once a week in 6th grade Pack Classes.
These skills include:
- perspective taking
- respectful disagreement
- emotion management
- problem solving
Regardless of your child’s grade, you play a vital role in helping your student develop strong social skills. You can help by asking your student the following questions this week:
“How do you show someone you’re actively listening to them?
“Why should you try to understand other people’s perspectives?”
If you have any questions about the curriculum, please don’t hesitate to contact counselors, which are Rachel Gilchrist, serving students A-K, and Sammie Griffin, serving students L-Z. More information is available at www.Secondstep.org
Heidi Fedore, principal
KPTSA is happy to announce we have filled all our Executive Board positions and programs are taking form.
- Spirit Wear orders will be delivered next week. For the parents that placed orders, please inform your child(ren) to expect delivery of item(s). For those parents still wanting to place an order (Christmas or Birthday gift), we are taking orders now through November 17th, delivery the week of December 9th.
- Conference Meals, dinner for teachers and staff working late to accommodate parents needing late afternoon appointments. Please sign-up to support and say Thank You! to our KMS staff. Sign-up on KPTSA website, www.kopachuchptsa.org.
- Coyote Corner, our student store, opened October 1st to the students delight. Volunteers are needed to maintain operations. Sign-ups are open on KPTSA website, www.kopachuckptsa.org. Reminder, you have to be a KPTSA member to handle monies. For those who have not worked Coyote Corner previously, you must attend a training.
- Our next KPTSA Executive Board Meeting is Tuesday, October 8th at 9:30 a.m. in Kopachuck’s Library. We have Natalie Wimberley, School Board Candidate, as a guest speaker. Please come meet her, learn what are her supporting issues or ask questions. We look forward to seeing you there.
KPTSA Executive Team