The mission of the Peninsula School District
Music Staff is to engage all students in exploring
and developing an understanding and
appreciation of music through a comprehensive
program that is based on the National Standards.
The vision of the Peninsula School District
- Clear and Shared Focus (Value)
Music is a core academic discipline with its own body of knowledge, skills and ways of thinking and should be an integral part of basic education.
- High Standards and Expectations
Music education inspires excellence and promotes personal enrichment.
- High Levels of Collaboration and Communication
Music educators establish growth and development in music by providing a nucleus of musical life for the larger community.
- Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment Aligned with Standards
Music education from preschool through 12th grade should be provided in a balanced, sequential program that is based on National Standards.
- Focused Professional Development
Music educators mutually encourage one another in professional growth and attainment.
- Supportive Learning Environment
Music educates the whole person in a protective, supportive learning environment.
- High Levels of Community and Parent Involvement
Music is a part of the human experience and, as such, plays a central role in human culture. It is a universal language that enriches the lives of all it touches.