Some teachers in the Peninsula School District are using Schoology with their students as a Learning Management System. This interface allows teachers and students to collaborate with each other and interact outside of the four walls of the classroom. You can create a Schoology account and link it to your child’s account so that you can monitor your child’s progress, see their course submissions, grades, and attendance. The directions detailed below will walk you through the process of getting this setting up a Schoology account and linking it to your child’ account.
- Acquire your child’s unique Parent Access Code. Each teacher using Schoology has access to this code. You will only need to enter the access code once, not for every course.
- Go to www.schoology.com.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click on Sign Up.
- From the next window, select Parent.
- Enter the Parent Access Code provided by your child’s teacher. Don’t have a Parent Access Code? Please request one from your child’s teacher.
- You will need to create a Schoology account for yourself by entering your name, email address, and creating a password. You may also want to uncheck the box for Receive periodic Schoology updates. Click Register.
- Congratulations! You should now have a Schoology account that is connected to your child’s account.