PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
LOCATION: Athletics – High School
This position provides secretarial support for the Athletic Director, Assistant Principal, Dean and Building Use. Responsibilities include management of databases, all athletic scheduling, and athletic website content. Duties will also include filing correspondence, forms, and reports; arranging for transportation to athletic events and field trips; and maintaining a daily schedule of building use for school and community use purposes.
Reports to Assistant Principal and Athletic Director. Receives lead direction from Office Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Database management of all student athlete eligibility data via Excel and other database management systems – Family ID, website, etc.
- Manages on-line athletic rosters, schedules, and maps; orders athletic letters, certificates, pins, and other materials for athletic awards banquets. Answers the telephone and responds to inquiries concerning athletic events.
- Works with Athletic Director to arrange for and verify officials to work at athletic events via the ARBITER Sports system; communicates with coaches and Athletic Director to schedule, reschedule, or confirm athletic events. Reserves fields and gymnasiums. Makes arrangements for accommodations for overnight athletic trips. Assists Athletic Director in arranging for ticket takers, timers, scorekeepers, and supervision for home athletic events each season.
- Manages the on-line Tandem master athletic calendar; maintains monthly activity calendar; maintains daily athletic event calendar, and updates with changes and additions to the athletics website.
- Makes arrangements for transportation to athletic events and field trips; communicates with Transportation Department; arranges for rental of buses and vans if not supplied by district; maintains file of transportation costs.
- Content manager for school athletics website including individual pages for each sport and all advertisers.
- Manages attendance discipline records and assists the dean with attendance.
- Schedules community classes and events; composes correspondence to make arrangements for events as needed. Maintains daily schedule of building and community use; keeps custodian, staff, the news media and others informed of building events.
- Performs a variety of other office duties such as maintaining daily activity schedule, duplicating and distributing materials, answering the telephone, providing first aid care to injured or ill students in the absence of the school nurse, overseeing work of student office assistants, acting as a receptionist, and filing a variety of materials.
- Provides backup assistance to high school office manager during absences.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
Office environment; experiences frequent interruptions; occasionally required to meet inflexible deadlines. Requires visual concentration on detail, dexterity, and precision. Occasionally exposed to infectious diseases when working in the health room.
Education and Experience
High school graduation or equivalent with training in secretarial procedures and three years of secretarial experience and in depth experience working with database management systems and website design and content management systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge and experience with database management systems and website design and content management.
- Knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, and English usage.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to operate word processing equipment.
- Ability to attend to detail and follow tasks through to completion.
- Ability to organize and set priorities.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to remain flexible to changes in schedules and priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and the community.
- Must complete training in first aid and CPR as required by the District.
- Must pass all WIAA on-line sports clinics.