This position provides secretarial support to the district curriculum and highly capable programs and periodic assistance to other Learning & Teaching department as needed throughout the year. Primary responsibilities will focus on curriculum and inventory. Additional responsibilities may include managing and coordinating workflow for the department; typing reports and correspondence, processing purchase orders, maintaining files and records; duplicating and distributing curriculum materials, assistance in professional development opportunities in the district.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains database and spreadsheets for tracking and monitoring; maintains website and publications as directed.
- Responsible for the purchasing process and delivery of district-purchased textbooks
and materials to the buildings and departments. Prepares purchase orders within
budget parameters, gives directions to office staff about how to disburse.
- Responsible for the inventory of district textbooks and resources.
- Provides secretarial support to curriculum and highly capable programs; set up meetings. Formats, types and edits meeting minutes, correspondence and announcements. Maintains correspondence of committee meetings. Schedules conference room use; sets up tables and chairs and orders food as requested.
- Provides secretarial support to curriculum and highly capable programs; including answering and making phone calls; assists with coordination of building test coordinators to ensure testing protocols and security is maintained to state regulations.
- Formats, types and edits correspondence (often confidential), forms, grant documents
and other reports from drafts; proofreads, duplicates and distributes as necessary. Composes routine correspondence.
- Prepares purchase orders; determines necessary office supplies; communicates with
staff members concerning supplies needed; compiles annual departmental supply
- Duplicates and distributes a variety of materials such as booklets, correspondence, and
other curriculum information. Coordinates production of projects requiring special
Orders and distributes forms.
- Prepares required personnel forms and timesheets; receives staff attendance records;
processes travel request claims; makes arrangements for substitutes as needed.
- Performs a variety of related duties and special projects duties as assigned.
Reports to Assistant Superintendent for Learning & Teaching
Office environment; experiences frequent interruptions; requires visual concentration on
detail, dexterity and precision. The ability to lift a box of text books.
AFFILIATION: PSE – Clerical
Education and Experience
High school graduation or equivalent; 3 years of secretarial experience, with records
maintenance and bookkeeping preferred.
Advanced technical training, bookkeeping or accounting procedures may substitute for above
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of secretarial and bookkeeping procedures; ability to maintain accurate
Strong keyboarding skills.
Proficiency in using Excel & database software programs
Skill in operating a variety of office machines.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to operate word processing programs, database programs, and website programs.
Ability to set up and maintain an accurate filing system.
Ability to attend to detail and follow tasks through to completion.
Ability to organize and set priorities.
Ability to work effectively under pressure and remain flexible to changes in situations or
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff.