Credit Recovery in Math, English and Social Studies
Math courses offered: Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II
English courses offered: English 9, 10, 11
Social Studies courses offered: US History, World History, WA State History
Note: Students may enroll in only one class.
Credit: Students may earn .5 credit for successful completion of a class.
Previous grade: Students must have already taken a similar course during a 180-day school year and received a grade of F or I.
Summer school grades: Upon completion, students will be awarded a grade of P. No letter grades are given.
Registration: Complete the on-line registration form or print and fill out the paper form. Pay fees to your high school bookkeeper. Paper forms must be submitted to the bookkeeper at the time fees are paid. Bookkeepers will forward the registration form and validation of tuition payment to the summer school office.
Fees: Credit recovery courses are $200. Adjustments are made for students who qualify for free or reduced lunch in Peninsula School District.
Schedule: Classes meet Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to noon, beginning on July 11, 2016. The last day of class is August 4, 2016. Classes do not meet on Friday.
- Students who do not finish their coursework will receive a failing grade.
- No more than two absences are allowed during the summer.
- Tuition will be reimbursed in full if a student withdraws from a class by the end of the first week. No refunds are given after the first week.
- Please do not contact Henderson Bay High School for information about summer school. Call the summer school office instead at 530-3950. If you leave a message, someone will get back to you as soon as possible.
- Henderson Bay is a closed campus. Students are expected to remain on school grounds during school hours and during breaks. All guests must report to the office. Non-student guests and visitors (with the exception of parent/guardian) will not be allowed in classrooms and may not remain on campus. The parking lot and surrounding area is off-limits to individuals who are not enrolled in summer school classes and will be asked to leave the premises.
- Vending machines are available at Henderson Bay. Many students choose to bring a snack or lunch from home for the mid-morning break. Students may not leave campus during breaks.
When & Where
- Classes start: July 11, 2016
- Classes end: August 4, 2016
- Classes are held: Monday - Thursday.
- No classes on Friday.
- Classes begin: 8:00 a.m.
- Classes are dismissed: 12:00 p.m.
Note: Please do not contact Henderson Bay High School for questions regarding summer school.
Contact Ron Witter at
(253) 530-3950 or email at
|Henderson Bay High School|
8402 Skansie Avenue
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
Free transportation is offered to all students who attend summer school.
Most students are dropped off in the morning and picked up in the afternoon by private vehicles. Students may also choose to drive their own cars, walk, or ride bicycles. One more option open to students is the availability of school buses.
School buses make every reasonable effort to get as close as possible to a student's normal bus pick up stop. There is no charge for this service. Please check the route listings below to find out which is the most convenient route.
Pick up times for the first few days are approximate. Please be at the designated location earlier than the time shown. Buses arrive at Henderson Bay High School in time for classes and leave at 12:05.
For further information about transportation, please contact Craig Sherman at (253) 530-3902.