Helping You Become a Safe Driver!
Are you 15 years old and ready to drive?
A driver’s license is a big responsibility. Young students must be ready to make the commitment to become a safe driver and work hard to get a driver’s license. If your teen is ready – sign up for the Peninsula School District’s – Drivers Education / Traffic Safety Program
Why Peninsula School District’s Program?
- Highly qualified and experienced instructors that your kids know
- Required Parent Meeting – We keep you in the loop!
- Before and after school classes at either Peninsula High or Gig Harbor High
- Newer model, easy to drive, and safe cars
- Five sessions of Drivers Education offered every year
What you will receive
- State Certified Instructors provide 30 hours of classroom instruction and
- Six 1-hour behind-the-wheel drives
How do I sign-up for classes?
Register for classes throughout the year by going to the bookkeeper’s office at Gig Harbor or Peninsula High School before the parent meeting. Classes are limited to 23 students per session, so first come, first served!
Tuition: $400.00 * **
If you have questions for individual instructors call:
Roland Smith – Gig Harbor High (253) 530-1569 or
Sue Leopold – Peninsula High (253) 530-4563
* There is no reduced tuition for families that qualify for free and reduced programs. See your school counselor if this poses a problem.
** If a student requires more than six drives to pass this aspect of the program, additional charges apply.