Engaging in community service is a way to uplift others, the community, and oneself. The impact on the lives of others and the community at large can be lasting. It is also a great way to enrich your skills at relationship-building, empathy, problem-solving, and leadership. Peninsula School District is proud to honor students who contribute to our community with the Varsity Letter in Community Service. This opportunity is available to students in 9th through 12th grade and can be repeated through each year of high school.
- 2.0 or greater cumulative GPA
(This will be checked at the end of the first semester of the 2019 – 2020 school year).
- 145 hours of community service completed between July 1, 2019 and May 31, 2020.
- At least 45 hours of the 145 must be completed within Pierce County.
- Community service hours for lettering must be beyond class/course credit requirements.
- Applications must be completed by June 3, 2020.
TRACK YOUR HOURS
- Go to File and select Make A Copy
- Save to your Google Drive with your name
- Share with Erin O’Neill via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Track your hours by month; each month has its own sheet
APPLY FOR A LETTER
Complete the online Application for the Varsity Letter in Community Service no later than
May 31, 2020.
Students who successfully complete all the requirements of the Varsity Letter in Community Service will be notified by June 3, 2020. The students and their parents will be invited to a recognition breakfast the morning of Wednesday, June 10th.
For more information, visit the Peninsula School District website at: https://psd401.net/varsity-letter-in-community-service/