PENINSULA SCHOOL DISTRICT
This position reports to the Director of Technical Services
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategy & Planning
- Identify, recommend, and prioritize new Web features and applications in conjunction with organization leaders and department managers.
- Prepare a long-term plan for Website development and presence, including standards and guidelines for content, based on organization goals and input from stakeholders.
- Coordinate with Web site departments and content creators from across the organization.
- Liaise with systems experts on hardware and software issues that affect the Web site and its availability.
- Assess competing Web sites as regards to content, look and feel, and functionality, and make improvement recommendations to our organization’s site.
- Analyze user needs, scenarios, and personas to develop strategies to ensure content delivery is meeting the needs of our end users.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Track and evaluate new standards, technologies and trends in Website development, design, and delivery.
- Set and enforce compatibility and interoperability standards that ensure site accessibility for all users.
- Build graphics, slides, audio, videos, and/or animation for organizational products, Web sites, intranets/extranets, and training material.
- Develop and implement clean and concise front-end web code.
- Ensure a consistent look and feel across the Web site by promoting uniform fonts, formatting, icons, images, and layout, and creating appropriate templates to assist content authors.
- Find, diagnose, and fix Website problems, including broken links (both internal and external), typographical errors, formatting inconsistencies, security issues and performance problems.
- Manage and maintain an image repository for use across the entire organization.
- Participate in the development and integration of graphical and multimedia components into the Web site, including audio and video.
- Ensure sensitive and/or classified organizational information is not inadvertently posted to the Web site.
- Receive and respond to all email messages for the Webmaster in a timely and courteous fashion.
- Field incoming problem tickets to resolve issues relating to the web properties throughout the organization.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Administer website permissions for end users who require access to edit content.
- Provide support, training and service to users of the district’s web services and applications.
- Use analytics to track traffic to websites and develop monthly reports to key stakeholders regarding usage and performance.
Formal Education & Certification
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and/or 3 years work experience in related field.
Knowledge & Experience
- Good knowledge of Web technologies, protocols, and tools.
- Strong understanding of other Internet programming languages.
- Working knowledge of Web authoring, development and publishing tools.
- Strong understanding of communications, marketing, and customer service principles.
- Possess a high level of competency with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphic design tools to create effective web graphics.
- Comprehensive experience with all aspects of Website content management.
- Sensitivity to browser compatibility issues.
- Understanding of basic project management principles.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Some in-district travel may be required for the purpose of on-site systems testing, troubleshooting, training and repair.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Wash Tech/CWA